How to move your MODx website to a subdomain
1. Create the subdomain
2. Using FTP, copy the ‘Assets’ and ‘Manager’ folders, as well as the ‘ht.access’, ‘index.php’ and ‘index-ajax.php’ files to the subdomain folder.
3. Log on to the MODx manager on the main domain, and adjust the following paths from Tools –> Interface & Features:
a. File base path: /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/subdomains/subdomain.yourdomain.com/httpdocs/assets/
b. CSS path: /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/subdomains/subdomain.yourdomain.com/httpdocs/assets/templates/mytemplates/ArtDeco/styles/main.css
4. That should be it. Now check your subdomain to see if the site is online, and you can log on to the manager.
5. If that all works, move the files & folders from step 2 from yourdomain.com to a temporary folder.
6. Check again if the site and the manager work properly.
7. Remove the temporary folder once you’re sure everything is working.